- Registered Nutritional Therapy Practitioner with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
- Member of the Institute for Functional Medicine (AFMCP-UK 2018) (IFM)
- Member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA)
Like many others who come into the profession, Lesley’s own health issues led her to explore nutritional therapy as a viable alternative to mainstream treatments. Having significantly benefitted from nutritional therapy herself, Lesley’s interest in the subject matter was ignited. Nutritional therapy allowed Lesley to take control of her issues and, after a ten year engineering career, she made the decision to retrain in order to practise and promote the development of nutritional therapy.
Lesley believes that sound nutrition is the foundation for optimum health. She promotes an integrated approach to healthcare and actively encourages the involvement of other healthcare and fitness providers when supporting her clients.
Lesley completed her training at the Natural Healthcare College in 2009 and has been providing individual consultations and workshops to various organisations ever since. Lesley is a course tutor for NHC’s Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy Diploma. For seven years, she also ran nutrition workshops for one of the UK’s longest running fitness retreats. In 2018, Lesley became completed the Institute for Functional Medicine’s “Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice” training – ensuring that her clinical practice meets the highest possible evidence-based standards.
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy; including supervised Clinical Practice
- Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice (AFMCP London 2018)
- City & Guilds Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Lesley is committed to maintaining a high standard of CPD. This includes regular attendance at industry seminars and workshops, subscriptions to trade publications and keeping up to date with current research in the naturopathic and nutritional therapy fields.